Friday, November 9, 2007

Move Along. . . only mindless knitting here!

Since I frogged Lelah, I have no interesting projects on the needles. I am resisting the urge to start anything new, because my KnitPicks order shipped and yarn for 4 Christmas gifts will be immediately cast on when it arrives. In the meantime, I have Addi's Kimono (garter stitch), Imagiknit scarf (slightly more interesting garter w/ dropped stitches), Dream Swatch (slightly more interesting still, stockinette w/ crossed stitches) and a slew of plain old dishcloths (again, garter stitch!). Can you say BOR-ING?! It's not so bad, because it goes quick and I can do it while doing just about anything else. I have finished 3 dishcloths and am half way thru a 4th - I plan on throwing them in with all my Christmas presents, everyone loves them so much! Plus, I have a large amount of random Sugar 'n Cream with no specific use, so seems as good as anything else.

My Amazon order came yesterday. Can I tell you how beautiful the Vogue Stitch Dictionary is? I spent a good hour just ogling the pages. Very inspiring, but again, have to wait until AFTER Christmas knitting to work in that creativity (well. . . maybe a few patterned dishcloths!). I am not nearly as impressed with the sewing book, which is disappointing. It had a lot of positive reviews on Amazon. I'm considering returning it, because there's nothing I really see myself sewing out of it. I'm gonna give it a few more days of skimming before I do that, though.

Tomorrow I am very excited for! We are going to a charity art auction! Fancy, huh?! It's a dress-up affair, and I am debating which dress to wear (and resisting the urge to wear the dress I ALWAYS wear!). I have some money saved that was supposed to be for a fun purchase, so maybe I'll find something there both Jake & I like AND can afford!
Have a great weekend!!

No comments: