Friday, August 10, 2007

SP11 Questionnaire

No energy for a real post just yet. . . I had 6 hours of flight delays yesterday (3 hours in each plane sitting on the runway. . . waiting to take off!)

But, for my pal, here is my questionnaire!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love anything soft! I also like making reusable shopping bags and dishcloths out of cotton. I have never really knit with acrylic outside of making baby items. I guess I’m a quasi-yarn snob :-) I'm not a huge fan of novelty yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I all my circulars in their original bags. I don’t really use straight needles, so the few pair I have are in my knitting bag. I’m working on sewing a case for my DPNs3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?

3. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I’ve been knitting about 5 years. I took a class to learn at a LYS during one cold Vermont winter. I would say I’m an intermediate knitter and I'm typically not scared of trying something new on my own. My first project was a felted bag. I never had a long scarf phase and sort of moved right along to sweaters.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

no

5. What's your favorite scent?

Hmm, I like lemon, lavendar, vanilla.. . nothing too sweet.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Do I ever!! Baby Ruth & Mounds are my favorite Candy Bar, but I try not too buy them too often. Chewy sweettarts are also a weakness, and caramel. And gummy bears, but ONLY the Haribo brand ones (quasi yarn snob AND a gummy bear brand snob!) And dark chocolate. And milk chocolate hershey kisses. And peanut butter cups. . .. I’m a very equal opportunity sweets lover. All time favorite candy are Morely Candy Pecan Torties.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I am a new sewer. I also know how to crochet, but don’t do it much. We do a lot of ‘home improvement’ do it yourself stuff, like basic upholstery and some small building projects. I don’t spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to just about anything except rap/r&b. I don’t listen to it much, though, since I hardly drive anymore working out of the house and never put the radio on in the house. I’m really into Amy Winehouse and Joss Stone right now. And no, no MP3 player.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite color in general is red, but I don’t knit with it much. I’m currently on a string of green & pink (not together in the same project!) knitting. Green socks for sure (Hey there Delilah is my next want from Etsy!). I don’t think there is really anything I can’t stand. Maybe like mustard/golds. . . not so much for me.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my BF of 6 years, Jake and our 2 dogs. Zosia is a 2 year old beagle/american eskimo mix and Jimmy Ray is a 2 year old beagle.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves & Hats – sometimes, if I go back to Michigan or Vermont in the winter. Not too much need in VA now.
Mittens & poncho’s, not so much.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I am currently mildly obsessed with dishcloths because I’ve just discovered how awesome they are to clean with. I go in fits and spurts on what my ‘favorite’ is at any given time and knit a ton of that item, then move on to something else.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Cashmere purse for a wedding gift, cotton shopping bag, random dishcloths, halter top I’m designing

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

I love handmade things that are purposeful. I’m not a big ‘cutesy’ or ‘just because’ person. Trying to cut down on ‘stuff’ and clutter in general.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I usually use circular needles, even for straight knitting. I like bamboo DPNs but addi Turbo’s and Bryspun by Bryflex circulars.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I have a BF! he he. . . No, he isn’t a good swift, but he has said he’ll make me one. I don’t mind using my thumb as a ball winder.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Well, since I FROGGED Stephanie Japel’s better sweater, I actually don’t have anything in UFO status.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Does my birthday count as a holiday? If so, definitely my birthday. If not, Halloween, because it is the day before my birthday!

19. Is there anything that you collect?

If you count shoes, then yes. I have a major weakness for heels!! Other than that, not so much (see answer to #14!)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I SO want Stephanie Japel’s Fitted Knits! I also want the 'Sizzle' pattern from Knit and Tonic. Nothing else I’m dying for. I don’t subscribe to any magazines, as I generally will look at something once, keep the magazine and never go back to it, so it ends up I just waste the paper. You know, save a tree and all. . .

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I want to try some ‘real’ lace, not just as part of a sock or sweater pattern. I also am semi intrigued by mobeius, but not sure what ‘useful’ items you can make out of it, it’s just kind of neat. I’d sort of like to know Fair Isle, but just to say that I do, not because I would really make something with it.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I am a sock knitter, but not a knitted sock wearer! I try to wear sandals as much as possible, so I really only wear athletic socks at the gym.

23. When is your birthday?
November 1

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Not yet! (tears up a little at that admission!) There are still like 2700 people ahead of me. I can’t wait though!

No comments: