Tuesday, August 19, 2008

O is for Oops!

Well, really this could be 'Oops, I totally got behind in the ABC-along'. While this is true, I have a real Oops to show in photo.

That nice dent in my downspout is courtesy of one of my apparently more frequent moments of total obliviousness. We have lived in this house for 22 months. I have parked in the same spot since we moved in (Jake claimed the 'better' spot in the drive since he actually takes his car out regularly.) Never before did I have a problem with depth perception (that seems like a better excuse than I just am a total ditz sometimes!), but two weeks ago, I hit my house.

I suppose hitting a downspout is better than hitting brick. . . or the garage door, but now I have a constant reminder and a constant thing for Jake to poke fun at me about. He was able to pop it out somewhat, so it's not as bad as it was when I did it.

The worst part, I totally WAS paying attention and just, for some unknown reason, kept inching forward until I felt the bump!

No comments: