Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New round of PRGE!

So, as I am hopelessly addicted to swaps, I signed up for the next round of PRGE. If you are not my partner, feel free to ignore this post, as it is my questionnaire :)

1. Why did you join PRGE? I love this group!
1.a. Have you done other swaps? Yup, many, check out my posts with 'swap' Are you doing other swaps right now? I may do the next Malabrigo Swap on Ravelry, but nothing else planned.

2. What are your five favorite things? (these don't have to be knit related)
cooking a nice dinner together with Jake, watching the dogs play and run around the house, tap dance, tuna & avocado maki, spending time with my newly planted flowers in the morning (deadheading, watering, etc. . I find it surprisingly relaxing!)

2.a. Do these things allow any hints into your personality for your punk pal? I guess they must, but not something I could necessarily articulate :)

3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet?
I adore Maude, even though she isn't finished (just needs buttons, so realistically I could wear it now if I wanted).
The Summerlin Dress I made for Addi.
Anna's Endpaper Mitts

3.a. What do you tend to make with knit/crochet?
I make a lot of socks, though oddly I do not wear socks as much as I can help it. Whenever possible I wear flip flops or sandals or go barefoot!
Due to my slow knitting, I tend to only make small projects for gifts, but I like making tops for me!

3.b. What do you hope to make (or complete that you have started) someday?
I'd like to get around to making a real shawl for myself soon! Most recently I fell in love with this one.

4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday? Why? A skein of STR from the Raven series, these stitch markers, something unique to where my spoiler lives, something made by my spoiler just for me!, something totally unexpected (like a million dollars!).

4.a. What do you hope to never see in a swap box again (or ever)? I guess really only something like OBVIOUSLY used. I heard of someone who got a skein of yarn half rewound around the original ball from use AND stained with chocolate! Otherwise, I appreciate the thought that goes into these type of things and even if something ends up not being my cup of tea, I can share with someone it is!

5. What are your three favorite yarns?
I just recently got to knit with Socks That Rock and I'm addicted! It's hard to get out here on the East Coast, though.
I love Malabrigo (worsted, lace and silky merino - not so much anything thicker).
Berroco Ultra Alpaca rounds out the top 3 :)

What are your three least favorite yarns?
KnitPicks Essential (or anything else that splitty - like the Mama Llama bamboo I'm using right now!)
I don't have much use for 100% acrylics.
I've not had good experiences with Lorna's Laces sock yarns.

5.a. Do you like solid, self-striping, or multi-colored yarns? For socks, I like all of the above. For anything else, I lean toward solids and semi-solids most often.

5.b. What are your favorite colors? What are your favorite colors to knit with?
Greens and Reds are my favorites, though I really do love nearly all colors. I prefer more heavily saturated colors than pale ones. I think I've knit with every color under the rainbow, so no particular favorites to knit with.

6. What are your five favorite delicacies? made from scratch brownies (with chocolate, not cocoa powder!), splurging on a pair of killer heels, a bottle of Veuve 'just because' and not for celebrating a special occasion, really thick, really rich cheesecake topped with raspberries, a Tangueray gimlet made by a bartender who knows how to make it right! (not too much Rose's Lime!)

6.a. What yarn do you hope to one day try and why?
I guess I'd have to say Woolmeise, but I am not the type who will stalk the Loopy Ewe to try to buy it, so I'll have to wait years for the buzz to die down.

7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures?
Daytime Soap Operas (General Hospital), eating the batter from aforementioned made from scratch brownies, buying great shoes without owning a thing to wear them with

7.a. What are your favorite tv or movie charactors?
Hmm, I really like Goren on Law & Order Criminal Intent, but I'm not sure I'd say I have any 'favorites'

8. What are the five things you look forward to every week? the weekend!, waking up early on Saturday (I love having a productive day!), Sunday night FOX TV, planning out what I want to cook during the week, going out for cocktails

8.a. What do you do during your week (ie - work, take care of three kids, race walk)? work, go to the gym, try to remember to feed the dogs dinner before 9pm, attempt to keep the hamper from overflowing and other random house stuff, knit while watching TV, go to bed by 10pm :)

9. What do you collect?
dust bunnies & dirty dishes - me + housework = not the best of friends
9.a. What collects you? Really, I try not to have much in the way of tchotchkies or other nonessential 'stuff' because my house is cluttered enough! I do love cookbooks, though :)

10. When is your birthday? November 1
10.a. What is your favorite holiday and why? My birthday. I am an only child, so now that I'm grown up it's the one day where I can get away with everything being about ME! (OK, OK, I make it like the whole WEEK about me!)

11. Do you have any wishlists? One on amazon, but I don't really keep it current and it is flooded with like every knitting book I don't have, so not so much useful.

11.a. Do you have a "favorites" collection anywhere that your pal should know about? Etsy faves are here. Some are sold, but many are things that get relisted. Those that don't give you some idea of my preferences, anyway.

12. Do you have any allergies or health related conditions that your pal should know about? nope
12.a. What drives you nuts?
oye. . too many things to list, but primarily people who drive like a**es (realize that is relative. . for me, it is driving slow in the left lane, swerving due to texting or fumbling for a bag to find cell phone. . things of that nature!)

13. What do you do for work and what do you do for fun?
I work for the 'man' i.e. a Fourtune 20 Company as a Program Manager
For fun I knit (duh!), dance, play with my puppies and sometimes go to concerts.

13.a. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
Less about worrying I would fail, more about worrying if I could make a comfortable living, if salary wasn't an issue, I'd do something in community outreach or with animal rescue.

14. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here? I am getting married in April and am trying to plan my wedding. I am petrified that we will show up and it will be a rat infested awful place! (I'm planning a wedding 3000 miles away where we have never visited!) It keeps me up at nights! Also, in my packages, I love when there is something I can share with Jake and/or my pooches - we have 2 dogs, Zosia & Jimmy Ray.

14.a. Are you excited for the contests or will you just pretend that they do not exist? Contests are fun! I've had good contest karma recently, too :)

My previous PRGE round questionnaires are here and here.

No comments: