Monday, August 20, 2007

PRGE Questionnaire

Because I'm crazy, I decided to join another swap on top of SP11. I joined the punk rock gift exchange. (sign ups are open until Sept 1 if you are interested!) Anyway, here is my questionnaire. No other news today.

1. Why are you punk? Besides the fact that I love the music? (it’s all Jake’s influence, though) It’s definitely more a mindset than outward appearance for me, though I do have a tattoo and a couple piercings, but nothing visible in my ‘work clothes’. . . I work for a BIG company, and the eyebrow ring I’ve always wanted surely wouldn’t fly. Anyhow, I think people should be who they want to be and do as they please. As long as you’re honest and not hurting others, no one should try to make you be anything else.

2. What are your five favorite things? (these don't have to be knit related)
cooking a fancy dinner together with Jake, watching the dogs play together, or with other dog park friends, listening to Prairie Home Companion, tap dancing, a great bottle of Italian wine

3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet? Catherine’s Mini Cardi, Fiber Trends Felted Bag (I use it to carry dance shoes and gave like 10 as gifts!) and dishcloths. . . I know that sounds stupid, but I only learned about dishcloths recently and OMG do they clean so much better than the store bought ones!!

4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday?
Besides a million dollars? He he. . . I guess 1 – some things to share with Jake and the puppies 2 – pattern or book or needles or yarn related to learning lace 3 – yarn spun or dyed by my spoiler, or from a local farm near my spoiler (I’m such a sucker for finding little farms & stuff when I’m visiting other places) 4 – fun knitting notions (stitch markers or needle covers or something like that. . . preferably hand made!) 5 – anything unique to the town/state my spoiler is from

5. What are your three favorite yarns? What are your three least favorite yarns?
Favorites – merino, bamboo, cashmere
Least – fun fur/eyelash/any novelty yarns, acrylic/blends. . . they have a place for some projects, but in general I don’t love them, scratchy wool (unless it’s for a felting project – then it’s a necessary evil. . . but I still don’t like it!)

6. What are your five favorite delicacies?
Making brownies from scratch with really good dark chocolate, opening a bottle of Veuve to celebrate a special occasion, a Tangueray gimlet from a bartender who can actually make a good one, a killer pair of heels that AREN’T on sale, great red wine
(goodness, that's 3 alcohol related delicacies. . .I swear. . . I don't have a drinking problem!)

7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures?
Hmmmmm. . .. aren’t you supposed to keep these secret? I would have to say watching soap operas (Days of our Lives & General Hospital!), eating raw brownie batter (not cookie dough, just brownie batter!) and high heeled shoes. . . if you don’t think the shoes count, then I enjoy grocery shopping more than anyone has a right to!

8. What are the five things you look forward to every week?
Hmmm, well every morning I smile when I let the dogs out into the backyard. Jimmy Ray RUNS like he’s just so freakin’ excited to be awake and able to play. It is a super way to start the day and makes me remember to appreciate the simple stuff. Seriously, I know. .. sappy and cheesy, but you should try it sometime. .. you’d be a convert! OK, So that was one! I’m presently obsessed with Mad Men on AMC, so I look forward to Thursday night to watch it. #3 – Tuesday night SnB. #4 - FRIDAY!! My work week gets REALLY long! #5 – Our Saturday morning routine. . . wake up early, go to the gym, come home to cook breakfast then take the dogs to the park.

9. What do you collect? I used to collect a ton of stuff, but I’ve been on a path to simplification and am trying not to keep stuff that doesn’t have a use. My one vice remains shoes. . . but I don’t consider that something I collect, they are something I need (and sometimes) use!

10. When is your birthday? November 1

11. Do you have any wishlists? No

12. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here? Hmmmm. . .I love my doggies more than some people love their kids. I am an ex-smoker and, as such, have the worst tolerance for anything smelling remotely smoky. I am learning to sew so I can make things for my house. . . like curtains, pillows, bedspreads, etc.

2 comments:

Rose said...

Hey, I just saw your question about VT on my blog. I was referring to VaTech not Vermont, sorry. Are you still meeting at Fairgrounds on Tuesdays at 7? Would love to come.

Anonymous said...

Good morning from your PRGE3 pal!!! Hope all is well in Hampton Roads. I actually used to live over in Norfolk not far from the Lil Creek base. Have a great day.