Friday, August 31, 2007

New England Summer. . .

has finally come to Virginia! Today is the first day since July 3rd I have had the A/C off and the windows open. It's absolutely lovely!! I love hearing the bugs and the birds rather than the constant hum of the compressor fan. Of course, I'm leaving for Michigan in a day or two so I'm sure it will be back to stifling and miserable when I return.

Tempering my lovely day is a nagging irritation regarding the wedding gift. It was sent Wednesday and delivered yesterday. I sent it DHL so I have the delivery confirmation. It was left on a porch, since Laura & Michael both work pretty late. I got no phone call last night and no email this morning. So of course, this is the type of situation where my imagination runs wild. I'm sure it's benign. . . and either Laura got home after dark and didn't see the envelope on the porch, or didn't open it yet, or is out of town. But I've now convinced myself she opened it and hates the bag and doesn't want to call me. I've also rehearsed the discussion that will take place when I find out she does not like the bag. . .which ends with me demanding the bag back for 'someone who will appreciate it'. Laura would chuckle if she read this, because this jumping to conclusions and making up arguments in my head is not uncommon for me. I'm resisting the urge to call her, because if she doesn't like it, I'd rather hear it in person on Sunday than over the phone today. I hope I'm crazy, but if I'm not, I've already decided I will have a contest here to win the bag. . . . another knitter will certainly appreciate it, right?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so envious of your weather. And I think it's so funny that you are already planning a contest for others to win a bag that you made for someone who probably hasn't even had a chance to open it! I'm sure she's going to love it. I think you did a great job.