Well, really, this was finished AGES ago, but no photos. I FINALLY go around to asking Jake to put it on for a photo because I was packaging it up to go to his parents, along with some lily bulbs I dug up :)
He looks thrilled, doesn't he?
(notice beagle trying to hide from the camera in the background!)
I really REALLY like this hat. The cables are great, and as I think I said before, the decreases to keep the cables going all the way to the tip are super clever. I'll be making the same hat for Jake in camel. The only difference will be is I won't have the ridge in the bottom. On this hat, after I finished, I needed more length to fully cover the ears, so I picked up the cast on and added 15 rows. I'll just to 25 to start on Jake's.
I finished the cowl, too, but no pictures yet. I look like death, and spent pretty much my entire weekend on the couch. I think I went through my weight in tissues, but I seem to be on the upswing now. I felt good enough to drive and run a few errands today.
Hope your weekend was better than my sick one!