Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bon Voyage

Snowpants -- Check!
Ski Parka -- Check!
Sorel Boots -- Check!
Thinsulate Gloves -- Check!
Hats/Gloves/Scarves/Earmuffs -- Check!


The weather forecast has degraded (you can click on the image to make it bigger to see the numbers more clearly if necessary. . . . that IS in fact a high that is sub-zero). The good news is that no ice/snow storms are expected, so driving should be uneventful. The bad news, of course, is that I have to spend 4 days freezing. I plan on mostly planting myself in a seat near the woodstove and knitting away :) I am a bit torn about what to take. I'm doing a good job clearing my WIPs. Jake's boyfriend socks are almost done after so many months. I have a pattern repeat and a half left on sock #2. My Herringbone socks are close to the heel turn. Wisp #1 is also 1.5 repeats from done. That leaves Jake's sweater and my leaf lace scarf. I don't know if I want to trudge the heavy sweater and a bunch of balls of mainline up with me (nevermind I despise whomever wrote the pattern and really don't want to get back into it!) so I either need to suck it up and finish it. . . or use it as an opening to swatch for one of my next projects for ME! As much as I'd like to have his sweater over and done with, I'd equally like to get something going for me, so I'm torn.

So have a good rest of the week. . I'll be incommunicado while freezing my tushie off in the Great White North!

4 comments:

DeuceMom said...

You are such a Southerner. Se ya Friday.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Have a wonderful time. No word yet?

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Aww...the thinsulate gloves...brings back memories!!

Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Layers. Remember to dress in layers. Two pants, two long sleeved shirts, two socks, etc. and you'll be just fine. Don't forget your wool scarf and wool hat. Nothing works better against the cold than wool. Take it from somebody who is crazy enough to walk outside with her dog in weather like that.