Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Spoiled Again!

The mail man has been my friend this week! After the awesome PRGE box on Friday, today brought me another PHENOMENAL box from Aliesha (bamaknitnpurl on Ravelry) for the Ravelry Malabrigo swap. She totally went above and beyond and put together an amazingly thoughtful package. Here are the goodies out of the box. Unwrapped, you see TWO yummy bags of gummi bears, TWO boxes of Endangered Species chocolate, Treats for the pooches , handmade soap from Alabama and a funny postcard. The yellow tissue held some very special treats.Here is the haul unwrapped. You can see 3 yummy skeins of yarn, a book, stitch markers, stitch holders and post its!
Now, this was no ordinary book, it is the Insiders' Guide to Sonoma, to help in planning our wedding. Super sweet, no? And in this picture you also see the two skeins of to die for Malabrigo Silky Merino. The color? Redwood Bark. . . how perfect! I really think this is what I want to have my shawl for the wedding made of. I'll likely need some additional yardage, but since Malabrigo doesn't do dye lots, it's perfect!

Here is an picture of just the so totally pettable Silky Merino.
Here is the cutie soaps. The top is Ginger-Fig, which smells FANTASTIC! The bottom is Oatmeal Almond, and peeking in the side of the shot is a skein of the new Malabrigo 100% Organic Cotton.
The color of the cotton is Turquesa, here in the sunlight. I can't wait to try this yarn! Finally, gratuitous puppy shots. . . Zosia here mid and completed 'roll over' (the newest learned trick!) to earn herself a Newman's Own treat.

Aliesha was TOO good to me, and I'm very, very grateful!

4 comments:

TopHat said...

Oh I am so jealous of your spoiling! That yarn looks so yummy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'll say you were spoiled. It all looks so yummy - candy and yarn included.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

What a fabulous fabulous package!! I saw the Sonoma Valley book right away and thought, how thoughtful! And I have that same pretty blue skein of Malabrigo cotton!!!

Great package!

Anonymous said...

What a great parcel!! Lovely things!!
How clever is Zosia?? So cute with her rooling and so pleased too!!