So, last night I wasn't in the mood to do a short row heel and I couldn't stomach more ribbing on Maude, so I cast on for the Summerlin I'm making for Addi. I got both front pieces complete last night, then joined and finished the body this morning. Now I just need to wash the bodice and the fabric and attempt the sewing :) I really love the fishies on the fabric, I just hope a predominantly white fabric wasn't the worst decision in terms of wear ability on a toddler :)
I tore out the two colors on the Cabled hat and started to work again in just the black. I had forgotten how nice the Ultra Alpaca is to knit with! I tried cabling without a needle, but I think I knit too tight to do it that way. When I try to rearrange the stitches, and have to stretch them, the furthest ones unravel. Bummer.
And, in the good luck/good karma department, along with the Mama Llama contest (which I forgot to take a picture of the yarns when I did the Summerlin) I mentioned yesterday, I won a contest on Jess's blog, too! My prize is a sock kit, so that should be fun!