Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Something new

No, not a new project (yet), I went to the gym today and KNIT! Yeah, WHILE I worked out. I did my 15 minutes on the stairmaster as usual, I didn't thin kit was all that condusive to knitting, but the following 30 minutes on the recumbent bike. . . PERFECT! Now, it was a little like patting your head and rubbing your belly at first to think about moving my hands and my feet. . .. it slowed down both my knitting and cycling, but it made the 30 minutes fly by! I didn't get a single odd look, either. This may become a new part of the routine. (Of course, that assumes I keep a routine. . . I've been such a gym slacker these days!)

What was I knitting? Well, since I posted about my projects I didn't want to knit on, but no one voted yet (until Carrie a few hours ago), last night I re-tried on Maude to verify how much length I still needed. Much to my chagrin, the 1 inch I thought I needed was unstretched. . . Stretched I needed more, so I ribbed and ribbed last night and ribbed and ribbed some more today. I have 3 rows left then I can bind off the body! This makes me happy, so I may just have to wrap up Maude before casting on the next project.

Last night I also tackled fixing the cables on Jake's socks (I know, I said I wasn't going to, then I felt guilty). It wasn't so bad - the only difficult part was getting the last stitch knit on the lower rows, since there wasn't much slack left in the yarn. But the cables are now in the right place and I just need a clean foot from Jake for measuring against, since I think I'm ready for the heel.

I've been a total slacker cleaning, so I'm taking tomorrow off work to get the house ready for our visitors Friday. Hopefully I stay on task and don't get sidetracked by Maude :)

3 comments:

DeuceMom said...

I had to laugh about taking the day off to clean. I used to do that before my mom came to visit - call in and scrub the house from top to bottom. "oh, it always looks like this..." right.

Miss Me said...

that sounds like my kind of exercising... i might go to the gym if i could knit at the same time.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Definately wrap up Maude. BTW, I love your new Ravelry picture.