Tuesday, October 28, 2008

And I'm back. . .

Of course, I've been back for a while, but I've been busy unpacking gifts, clearing out and re-organizing cabinets to fit gifts in so they can be used (now I have TWO sets of dishes!), trying to earn myself gainfully employed and losing the battle of keeping the beagle from continually rolling in some sort of awful stink I can't locate outside. I've had to give him THREE baths! He is now on a strictly monitored potty schedule and is required to come back in the house as soon as his business is complete! Bath time by myself stinks. . it's usually a two person job, but Jake is out of town for work.

To keep me company, though, Jess & Jen are coming by for dinner and some knitting tonite. I'm making veggie soup in my new Le Creuset dutch oven. (yay!) Soup is good given the temperature drop that there has been - the heat had to come on in the house, so fall is definitely here!

Knit wise, I have no photos because Jake's sweater looks the same, only longer. I'm about to start splitting for the arm holes. Of course, he says the heat is on at work and he no longer needs the sweater. . . . . My knitting time has been primarily consumed with a wedding present for a friend who got married on 10/10. I can't tell you what it is or show any pictures until it's complete and the recipient has gotten it. It is in Ravelry, though (well, as a pictureless project) if you're curious what it is :)

I did get some delicious yarn recently that I'll share when I can get a few photos.

I'm trying to catch up on blog reading, too. Why is it always that going away even for just a couple days puts you weeks behind in life?!

1 comment:

km said...

Ok...so not fall here yet. I had to run my A/C today just to cool off the house a bit. It was 82 inside just before dinner.

I think the best part about wedding gifts is that you realize in a tangible way how much friends and family want to support your life with your new husband. And it's so wonderful to have those things around you everyday.