Monday, June 23, 2008

Post 200 deserves a FO!

Yay! This post is #200 :) As such, I think it is worthy of showing a FO. What did I finish, you ask? Oh, I'm a bad bad girl . .. I finished nothing I have been working on for ages. As I said, I've gotten bored and needed some 'instant gratification'. That is why I was going to make Summerlin, but that required swatching, and I didn't have the patience for that, either. So, I give you the (unblocked) Branching Out!


I have no idea if I'll keep this or gift it at Christmas time. I'm anxious to block it since it looks a little blah right at the moment. That'll force me to block Picovoli, too :)

I started this Thursday and finished this morning. It was quick, I think in large part to the DELICIOUS yarn. I used the K1C2 Ambrosia I got in a swap package. OMFG! This yarn is TO.DIE.FOR! It's 70% Baby Alpaca, 20% Silk, 10% Cashmere. It is beyond soft and may make it slightly impossible to give this away :) And, just another reason to adore swaps, right? I never would have picked this up on my own, but you get stuff from others and then you HAVE to try it! I would buy this again in a heartbeat. .. I mean, it's a little pricey, but if I had the right project for it! I have a tiny bit of it left (~20 yards), I could have gotten one more lace repeat in, but I'm happy with the length of it.

The engagement pictures were yesterday. Dress shopping for it was a fiasco, but that deserves a post on its own :)

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

So pretty! Can't wait see how it looks blocked out. Glad to hear its a quick knit. I've been wanting to make branching out for awhile!! Congrats on 200 posts!!

Samsara said...

Congrats on post 200! Love the scarf :-)
(Thanks for visiting my blog by the way)

Jess P. said...

I do like Branching Out. That reminds me that I need to finish mine... hmm... guess I got distracted by other knits.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Branching Out! Nice. Good choice - hee hee - I'm working on it right now myself! Congrats on the 200th posting :)