Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Because you can't have enough swaps!

No only am I participating, I'm hostessing :) I saw a sewing swap with a Scavenger Hunt Theme and I thought it was such a creative idea, I had to try it ;) Come join if you're interested here!

1) Do you knit, crochet or both? How long have you been doing it?
I mostly knit. I can crochet, but only use it for finishing knits, not so much with making whole objects anymore (though I did make an afghan and a few scarfs when I was younger and only knew crochet). I've been seriously knitting since 2002.

2) What is on your needles/hook right now?
Sizzle and a Caramel Cable Hat are the two currently actively being knit. Several more in various stages of hibernation or about to be cast on.

3) What is the most frequently used tool in your knitting bag?
Probably a tie between a tape measure (when I can find one!) and post-it notes!

4) What are your 3 favorite yarns (fiber type or brand)? What are your 3 least favorite?
I just discovered my love of Berroco Ultra Alpaca. That said, I've yet to knit with an alpaca I didn't like. I like merino (malabrigo? yes please!) and silk/merino blends, too. And I have a strange obsession with dishcloth knitting, so Sugar 'n Cream or Peaches & Cream make several appearances in my stash :)

I don't really like eyelash/funfur/any other novelty yarns. The only novelty I've ever liked was using some Plymouth Eros mixed with coordinating Le Gran Mohair for a lovely dressy scarf for my mom.

5) What is your favorite color?
Deep reds (blue/purple undertones) and deep greens. I don't particularly like pastels or overly bright shades.

6) If you had a 5 minute shopping spree in your LYS, how would you plan your attack?
I would clean out the needles/notions!! So I never again want to start a project and don't have the right size/length/type of needle!! If I had time after that, I would stuff Ultra Alpaca and sock yarn wherever I could hold it :)

7) What is your favorite FO and why? (post a pic if you have it!)
I have to say I ADORE the endpapers I made for Anna. The colors are great and they turned out so beautiful, I wanted to keep them for myself! Picture here.

8) What are your favorite things to knit/crochet?
I get a strange enjoyment out of dishcloths and the instant gratification of hats. I also like knit-in-one-piece sweaters. I haven't worked anything yet where I've had to seam front/back/sleeves all together.

9) Do you collect anything?
I used to be big into tchotchkes, but now I'm really into only having 'necessary' stuff (yes, stash is necessary!) so I don't really collect anymore. . . . but I do still have a lot of shot glasses from places I've visited!

10) What are your five favorite things (not necessarily knitting related)?
A good Tanqueray gimlet, playing with the dogs or taking them for a walk, eating stove popped pop-corn while watching a movie, tap dancing (though sadly I haven't found a place to do it since I've moved to Virginia) and cooking something fabulous with Jake!

11) Are you on Ravelry? What is your ID?
Yep: kasiaiscarly

12) Do you drink tea/coffee/cocoa?
I drink Iced-T. I only drink coffee with Bailey's or at a restaurant. I love Cocoa!

13) Favorite Sweets?
Any, really, though I am trying to cut down on the high fat stuff. Haribo Gummi Bears and Twizzlers are my favorite sugar-y treats!

14) Any allergies?
nothing relevant, unless you plan to send me antibiotics!

15) Do you have pets? kids?
2 doggies :) Zosia (beagle crossed with an american eskimo) & Jimmy Ray (pure beagle).

5 comments:

lulubelle said...

Hey...re your comment on my blog about the shawl...it wasn't pregnany or nursing that gave me the boobs...I just woke up one day when I was 18 to find that the boob fairy had been by...lol!

Tsuki said...

Ah, it's non-international.
Never mind though!
I'll ask my MIL about the recipe next time I talk to her (or get the OH to when he next calls)

Anonymous said...

Hey! Can't wait to see you again at SnB. The weather is so beautiful today also. Sorry, I cannot join your swap. I joined a birthday swap & a Harry Potter swap. Maybe next time.

Knitted Gems said...

It's always so much fun to see what people receive in their swaps. Have fun!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.