So (surprise) I signed up for another swap :) The Hot Cocoa Swap. I felt the need to participate because everyone is always doing the cute tea and coffee swaps, but since I don't drink really drink tea or coffee, I don't do those swaps. I would actually drink cocoa, so seemed like a good idea! Plus it's cold, and I need something to keep me busy!
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug? I like shaved chocolate in milk. The water ones are never that rich, and to drink it out of a coffee drink fancy glass, as opposed to a mug or tea cup.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? Equally love them, tons of mini marshmallows or else a big heap of whipped cream (and maybe some Kahlua!)
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
I don't think I could pick ONE favorite yarn. I really like knitting with Malabrigo and Ultra Alpaca. I'd really like to try one of the BMFA Raven Series or some Smooshy sock yarn. I really like reds and greens and natural browns/earth tones. Whatever the color, I tend to prefer saturated more than pastel.
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
I mostly knit, but I do know the basics of crochet
3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
I really enjoy the BrySpun Circs. I use Addi's too. I use Clover DPNs and also have a gift of the Harmony DPNs waiting for me in Michigan! Yay!
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
Mostly. I could use some of the locking stitch markers, though.
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
Nothing off the top of my head, I got a scale which I had been wanting for a while for Christmas.
6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)
I tend to knit dishcloths when I have a need to finish something quick. . . or a hat. . . but there are only so many heads needing hats!
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
Nothing outside! I hate being cold. .. winters were VERY long when I lived in Vermont! I do like watching Zosia run around in fresh snow, though (not that it snows in Virginia. . . .)
2. What is your favorite animal?
3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
Having a party! We have established an annual February party at our house :) I also like hanging out by a fireplace. The smell makes me happy.
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
picking back up with golf lessons
6. What are your favorite treat?
I am an equal opportunity candy lover. Haribo Gummi Bears and Twizzlers last the shortest around me, though. I also love brownies!
7. What is your favorite board game?
I really like Trivial Pursuit, but am a sore loser about it. I also like Balderdash and Clue, and I am OK when I lose at those :)
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
two doggies, Zosia & Jimmy Ray :)
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
If I have a UK partner, I would be eternally grateful for the inclusion of lemon curd! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and my friend Nicola spoiled me with hers from Britain that none of the ones I can buy in Virginia match!