Friday, March 28, 2008

Solved!

Thanks to everyone's good thoughts on the knitting bag. It did turn up, wedged between the two dog crates currently in the kitchen. Don't ask why the crates are in the kitchen, my house is a big mess due to construction. Don't ask how the polka dot bag got between them, as I can come to no logical reason for it. The important thing is it is found. The more important thing is that Jake is fabulous beyond words. Look what came home with him from work!
Aren't they pretty?! Yellow roses are my favorite, and nothing says spring like Tulips. Who would've though to put the two together? He's good like that when he picks flowers for me! These are actually my Valentine flowers, he said. We didn't do anything for Valentine's this year, not that we ever do much, but I do usually get flowers. And I love getting flowers, but I can't think of any good reason to pay $100 for roses on February 14 that you can buy for $30 any other day of the year! Seriously, they are that expensive! Several years ago in Vermont, Jake had 18 long stems delivered to me at work. . .. cost him $160!! Then I had to figure out a way to get them home without killing them from the shock of the frozen temperature outside. All in all, being surprised after a crappy day of travel with pretty flowers is WAY better than Valentine's, no matter which way you slice it!

OK, now for WIPs. First up is Maude. As I said yesterday, I'm a little worried about this being big. I'm knitting the small, which should fit given the pattern-directed bust measurements, but I just can't shake the feeling I should have done XS. Maybe it's the fact that for Sizzle I need to knit smaller than the bust size says in the pattern, from what I've figured out from others who knit it up. It's too small to get anything out of trying it on yet, I have 2 pattern repeats before you split for the sleeves which is probably the logical place to try it on, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I absolutely love the color, which makes me happy, too!

Now, what I'm naming the Baltimore socks (simply because Stansfield 196 just doesn't have a ring to it!).
The pictures don't do it justice. The color, amazing. The yarn, unbelievable! Honestly, I really don't gush this much, but I LOVE this yarn. I want to buy everything dyed on this base yarn. It has the springy-ness of Koigu, but the twist is tighter. We'll see how it wears when done to make my final determination of everlasting love, given there is no nylon in it.

Finally, Jake's socks are finished! But I haven't gotten a picture of them on his feet yet, so nothing to show, but I'll have one to post this weekend! Hopefully this weekend I can also post all my new recessed lighting that Jake and David plan to finish up Saturday! Yay!

Hope you have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found your knitting bag.
The flowers from Jake are just lovely. What a wonderful surprise.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Jake is a sweetie! Those flowers are perfect! And I'm so glad you found your bag because those socks are absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

Your WIPs are looking great! And I'm a firm believer that there is no bad day to get flowers - it was really thoughtful of him too :D

Acornbud said...

Ooh lovely color on those socks. Lucky you to get flowers...thanks, Jake:)

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you found your bag. I would have been in panic mode especially since you seem to have made some great progress.

I love both the color of you sweater and the socks!

Anonymous said...

So, your package is in the mail as of Saturday. Let me know if you don't see it by Wednesday - we're too close geographically for it to take longer than that....;)

Miss Me said...

what great flowers! and the knitting bag - my bags do that all the time... kind of makes me think that i'm loosing my mind sometimes.