Monday, March 31, 2008

Mail Call!

Today was a good day! Well, partially, and it's not over, but you know what I mean. Technically, today should be a bad day, as there was an unfortunate incident involving a friend and my work laptop that ended with a busted hard drive. This means I am computer-less for the next 3 days while it gets sent out to be repaired (downside of working at home, no tech support!). While this sort of sounds like a free vacation, it is the last day of the quarter, which means I will have a LOT of catching up to when I get the computer back.

Nevertheless, the mail man brought me lots of goodies!! I got the new Yarn Harlot book from Amazon and the Merino I bought after the doggie vet excursion. I'll post pictures of it when it's a nicer day to capture the color. It is absolutely GORGEOUS!! And so soft, so glad I bought it!

I also got my package from my PRGE spoiler!! KnitKat! And wow-o-WOW did she spoil me! The
box was chok full of goodness. Firstly, a cute doxie card with an awesome sticker inside (the ninja sticker). This is particularly appropriate as I am currently infatuated with Ninja Warrior :) There were Trader Joe treats for the pooches and a 'Smart Women Stay Organized' desk kit. Somehow I think she noticed my ABC-Along 'C' entry :)
Then comes yarn-y goodness! You'll notice these 3 skeins came complete with matching candy! Now, must I wait until I knit them to eat the candies?? The center pink is Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock (which I love but never buy because the variegateds all lie and look pretty in a skein and then like poo knitted up! but this is a semi solid and can't do that to me!) The green and dark pink are Mirasol Yarns T'ika, 100% Pima Cotton. So nice and soft!
Rounding out the package is a ball of Louisa Harding Jasmine, which you can't tell in the picture, but is is GLITTER yarn! Oh yeah! Really nice grey with silver twisted through it! A keychain of a sweater-in-progress, Burts Bees Lip Balm (got left out of the photo shot as it went directly in the purse), a fun button, Nerds and yummy, delicious, need to hide it from myself so as not to eat it all at once Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate & Mint Candy!

Thank you so much, Kat! This package totally rocked!

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYYY!!!

I'm so glad that you liked everything!

Jen said...

Wow! Lovely!
Totally unrelated to your awesome package, (that's one great sentence fragment if you take it out of context :) Dave and I totally watch ninja Warrior all the time. The color commentary is my personal favorite.

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Wow! What a great swap package!! The yarns are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise to get in the mail! I love all the yarn you got. The chocolate looks delicious. I'm going to have to go and raid my stash now. =)

Miss Me said...

wow! what a fabulous package!