Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Confessions in a Quick Post

OK, I am blogging now to avoid procrastinating later. Novel idea, I know. The weather today is going to be nearly 75 degrees. Seeing as how I still have two rooms with unpainted (or half painted) windows, I can't pass up the opportunity to get painting done without freezing with the windows open. I'm also trying to be industrious and get the 'real' paint in the foyer below the chair rail. I've had the primer on since, oh, APRIL! Good thing it's colored primer, so most people think it's just a crappy paint job! We'll see how far I get.

Yesterday was Jake and my's 1 year anniversary of buying our house. Yay for mortgage payments! LOL! We looked at our mortgage statement, quite depressing that we've been paying a BIG chunk of money every month and have payed off like $2000 total on our mortgage. Hey, at least we have a lot of interest to write off on taxes. . . looking at the bright side, you know.

KnitPicks didn't fail me and my big box 'o yarn arrived yesterday. The mailman brought it up to the door, as it won't fit in the box. He finally asked me what I order so much of, as the last months have seriously increased the days he needs to leave the truck and bring boxes to the door. I told him yarn, but he didn't seem to believe me. I cast on for Anna's Endpapers while watching Biggest Loser and am ready to start the colorwork portion.. . .when the paint is drying, of course :)

Finally, I have a confession to make. Remember how a very few days ago, I vowed not to buy more yarn? Yeah. . . . . I fell off the wagon. It's ravelry's fault. I've wanted some blocking wires for a while. I was going to order from KnitPicks, but there was a thread on Ravelry saying they had been backordered for eons. . . then someone suggested getting them from Joann with the current 50% off deal. So I went to Joann and found the wires. . . but I had to pay for shipping regardless. . .. and I could spend another $7 for the same shipping amount or another $32 and only pay $1more for shipping. Now I hate paying shipping, so I need to get the most 'bang for my buck' as it were, so I bought enough Paton's Grace to make this bag. . .I want it for myself, but I think I'll make the first for mom for Christmas. Then I bought 3 random balls of Sugar 'n Cream because they were $1.60 and I needed to get as close as possible to the max I could spend (what the heck kind of logic is that, I know!). But now, REALLY, I'm buying nothing else until January 29 when I use my coupon at Knitting Corner!

2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Yay! For one year of mortgage payments!! I agree with the look on the bright side approach!!

Double yay for for knitpicks arriving!

Minus a yay for falling off the wagon....who am I kidding?! Diet smiet....one day at a time. Really you bought blocking wires and they just happened to slip some yarn in!

Acornbud said...

Sure is difficult to stay on the wagon;) It's scary when you have to sign all those mortgage documents the first time! Happy knitting.