Sunday, November 25, 2007

KnitPicks be Damned!

I am very annoyed. . . .but I can't determine if I'm annoyed enough to call KnitPicks in the morning, tell them I want new yarn, wait for it to arrive and THEN start my 2nd sock over again. I cast on for Deb's sock #2. . after being very careful to start with the right color block to get matching stripes (she is much to particular to be OK with non-matching stripes!). When I got to the first dark blue section, it's like the yarn missed a second dunk in the dye or something. (I'll add a photo in the AM if there is sun). It is absolutely not matching the first sock, even though it's the same dye lot. What to do, what to do. . . . the light blue, green and lavender all match, it's only the dark blue that's off. Maybe in the light of day it will look better. . . or maybe I can chalk it up to the 'uniqueness' of hand knit socks. . .this was definitely not in my holiday knitting plans!

1 comment:

Tracey, in MI said...

oh crap- I never have trouble with knit picks! finers crossed for a fix