Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Patience is a Virtue

I really wish I was more patient. . . in lots of areas of my life, really, but particularly right now waiting for my KnitPicks order. I am trying hard NOT to start a project from the stash, or to restart Lelah, because my KnitPicks delivery will bring me 4 Christmas present yarns. . . and the clock is ticking! In the meantime, I've been knitting very boring dishcloths to pass the time (see how boring, they're all the same color!). And yes, in case you can't count from the photo that is SIX of them! I also finished Dream Swatch and the second Malabrigo scarf. They both need to be blocked, but knitting is done. I don't have the motivation to do the math to work on the baby kimono, so I cast on for another garterlac dishcloth today. I REALLY hope the yarn comes today. . . .my hands can't take much more cotton! (btw, sorry for the crummy color quality. . . no sun today for picture taking!)


Speaking of hands, check out my awesome new ring! I acquired it at the art auction on Saturday night. It was an interesting event. I wish we had friends that could have come with us. It turned out everyone had other plans. But no one there talked to us :( There was definitely some 'art snobs' and then some people who totally looked like they didn't belong! We found 3 pieces of art we really liked - all for sale, none of the pieces up for auction. They were all out of our price range (like $2000 over my budget!). There was a silent auction and jewelry sale, too, which is where I picked up the ring. I love it. It's a freshwater pearl and a pearlized sea shell. The jewelry was made by Jen of Jenstones. Pretty cool stuff.

And in 2nd job news, I officially have my Williams-Sonoma discount card! I had my 'Holiday Employee' orientation. I've never worked in retail, so this will be interesting. I've only ever worked in bar/restaurants. . . this seems like a whole different ball game. BUT, it's worth it for the pots, so I shall suck it up! I actually think I'm going to buy the pots on my first day working! Yay!

2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Hmmm....how to copy, cut, and paste that employee discount card :) Just teasing!

Love the scarves! Hope the yarn comes today! I hear the holiday knitting clock ticking too!

Shooting Stockings said...

WOW, these stocking are amazing how long did it take you to make them? I have just started my own one and have suddenly realised just how long this will take.