Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Bellyache

So this year was my first 'official', traditional Thanksgiving dinner. All in all, it turned out quite well. I didn't burn the pie crust for once. . . my pumpkin creme brulee is a new favorite. This good showing is despite Reynolds Cooking Bags TOTALLY lying to me. They told me for my turkey size, with stuffing, the bird should take 3.5-4 hours. WRONG! Thank goodness for my fabulous electronic meat thermometer. . . because less than 3 hours in, my meat registered done. I was quite confused, and debated if the thermometer was lying. Hoping it was lying, actually, as I hadn't started the potatoes to boil yet. Luckily, I have a 15,000BTU power burner on my cooktop, so I was able to rush cook the potatoes. We have an insane amount of leftovers, though. . . I hope I have the motivation to make turkey soup tomorrow. I also hope I can brave the K-Mart crowd. . . they have a 6-foot folding table on sale. . . just what I've been looking for to put in my sewing room, and I can't pass up the price. Wish me luck!

Hope you had a fabulous day, and that your belly aches less than mine!

1 comment:

Angelika said...

Good luck with the crowd control. I have left overs like crazy too. Two women and 6 children under 11 with an 18 pounder. Go figure, right?