Friday, December 14, 2007

No knitting, but pretty yarn!

So I'm in the knitting black hole on mom's bag. . . lots of knitting, little visible progress. I have 3 or so inches to go. While I haven't been knitting much, I do have yarn goodness to share :) Remember Carrie's 1st Blogiversary contest where I won a skein of Socks that Rock? It came this week, colorway is Christmas Rock! (image from BMFA website, not my own photography :) I can't wait to knit with it!! Carrie also sent me a super cute Christmas stitch marker. I've got a bunch of fun yarn now, and it will be quite the decision to decide what to cast on with when Christmas is over!

I also participated in a swap on swap-bot. . .It's color themed and this month was grey. My spoiler was Angie and she sent me two skeins of Fearless Fiber lace weight in the Miracle colorway. This picture is from the shop, but doesn't do it justice.
It's positively gorgeous! She also included a Lantern Moon sweater keyring. It's way cute, though Jake has threatened to leave me if I actually put it on my keyring (I have a bit of a bulky keyring. . . car FOB, house alarm FOB, a few other trinkets. . . . only 2 actual keys on it). Since he always gets handed the keys to put in his pocket when I'm somewhere that I don't want to carry a purse, he feels he gets a say :) We shall see who wins. . . .

6 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Both are pretty yarns!! Glad you liked it!!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Yummy yummy yarn. Have fun - those are both top notch yarns. Your scavenger hunt sounds fun but I've got a lot on my plate so will have to take a pass this time but would like to participate in a swap sometime. It looks like fun!

sunneshine said...

oh, such beautiful yarns - and Fearless is such joy to knit with every time! All those hints of color come out when knit - can't wait to see what you make!!

Tami said...

that is beautiful yarn!

Knitted Gems said...

I love the colors in both yarns. Very pretty!

GirlyWithATwist said...

Fearless Fibers is fabulous!!! And I think I actually have a skein of that Socks that Rock colorway. Two great reasons to live here in Oregon.