Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Just call her Elaine

Remember the Seinfeld episode where Elaine tries to steal her medical records because she has been noted as a difficult patient? Well, apparently they are much more obvious in the animal world. Poor Zosia now has a huge, red CAUTION on her file at the Vet. I'm not sure what stressed her out so much, and she has gotten progressively worse over the last 2-3 visits. She doesn't freak out until she has to go up on the table. For this round of shots, she had to wear a muzzle, which she hated almost as much as I hated seeing her in it. Even with the muzzle, she still tried to snap at the Vet and jump around to avoid the shot, so a tech had to come in and hold her. That still ended up with the Vet getting kicked (who knew a dog could kick like a horse?!). I think it may be time to find a new Vet, hopefully new smells in the office will ease the tension.

On a non-puppy note, Jake has (partially) fixed the table saw. Ironically, what needs to be fixed is COMPLETELY unrelated to all the fiddling he did with on Saturday that we thought actually broke it! The good news is now we have to spent $14 for the new part as opposed to the $300+ for a new saw!

In knitting news, I got about another inch knit on my halter last night. As an engineer, I really never thought 'simple' math would be a problem for me, but GOOD LORD! Trying to logically work out all the decreases (how many sts need to be removed, where to put them in the round, how many rounds between them, etc) to get to the waist really takes some time! I haven't knit a wearable in the round like this from someone else's pattern, so I don't really have anything to mimic, either. We shall see how this ends up!

No comments: