Monday, July 9, 2007

Umm, OK, blogger won't let me click in my 'title' box, so I guess this post will be unnamed.


Big news of the weekend is that we FINISHED a project! This really is big news, since we are REALLY good at doing 95% of a project and letting it sit for months and months and months. So, here is our new headboard.



As excited as I am that this is complete, I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be with the result. I like it, but I was expecting to LOVE it. I think it may be because I don't have any bedding that really goes with it (I'll be sewing a bed skirt, pillows & bedspread) yet, so it just looks a little out of place. One of our friends was over yesterday, though, and she thought we bought an antique bed, so I guess we did an OK job.



Not too much knitting happening this weekend, since we had friends over Saturday night and Sunday afternoon AND we fit in a (completely fruitless) fishing trip, too. I am almost to the arms on my tank top.




I am not sure it's going to be the most flattering fit when it is done since there is no shaping, but I do like the colors. My only real issue is there is a section about 1" wide where the colors totally stacked up (you can sort of see in the picture) and so it doesn't look like the rest of the project. Oh well, it can go to Goodwill if I don't get a kick out of it. .. it's not a difficult pattern, so it goes quick.


I need to work up the motivation to get back to my halter top. . . maybe I'll take it to knitting group tomorrow!


AND, I'm so excited, I signed up for SP11! I've heard about this swap from other folks and can't wait for it to get started. Patience is a virtue I don't exhibit very well. . . and we don't get matches until August 15!!

2 comments:

Nanette said...

Blogger does that to me sometimes, too. Usually if I click the word "subject" instead of the emty box beside it, it will let me enter a subject title.

My BF and I just finished a bed realated project as well. We built a cupboard and shelving unit around the bed. Your bed looks good. Perhaps we should've thought of something like that. :)

LotusKnits said...

I've been having the same blogger issue this week. Not sure what the issue is.

Thanks for posting on my blog! I'd be glad to make some Delilah for you, but I'll hold off until you can be more frivolous so as not to tempt you :)