Monday, July 23, 2007

No Knitting News

I have hit a knitting brick wall. The only project I have yarn to work on right now is the darn toe up socks. I have decided I HATE toe up!! I have started over no less than 7 times. At least 3 of the times I made the whole toe, but then lost a bunch of stitches trying to get out the crochet chain. The other times I ended up messing up a W&T somewhere and didn't know what to do to correct it other than frog. I CANNOT figure out how anyone could hate grafting enough to make socks this way all the time. And I'm STILL waiting for an invite to Ravelry:-( And I guess I'll continue to be waiting for quite some time. . . There are still 4000 people ahead of me!! I guess I should take solace in the fact that there are more than 8000 people after me, but I just want another place to spend my procrastination time! I'm also still waiting for confirmation from SP11. Looking at the comments, I'm not the only one, so at least that makes me feel better!

In non-knitting news, I had my first golf lesson on Saturday. I got golf clubs for Christmas and they have been sitting in the garage mocking me ever since. Jake, being the patient man he is, attempted to teach me a few things, but I tend to get cranky when I'm not good at something and so that was a disaster! Learning from a golf pro is definitely the way to go! I had so much fun, I can't wait to go to the driving range to practice. My left arm is a little sore, but I'm sure that will go away quickly. . . just that grip is so awkward!! We also went to the beach on Saturday. It was such perfect weather! The water was pretty rough (red flag day) but nice and warm. We messed around in the waves a bit, but after I got sand burn by being dragged back with the waves, that was enough for me! And I forgot to put sun screen on my legs, so they are a little pink right now. But really, I'm not complaining!!

2 comments:

sko_G knits said...

i am with you....i have tried the toe up and had issues with it too - to the point where i frogged and just abandoned it. i think in theory this is a better way to knit a sock, #1 reason is you won't ever run out of yarn before you are done!!! perhaps people like us need a class to get the swing of it?

re: SP11, you are not alone, i haven't heard a peep either.

Rose said...

Hi there, saw your name on the Yarn for Breakfast site. Where/when does the Norfolk SnB meet? I'm not sure which group/times would fit me better and would like to try both.

Thanks,
Rose