Monday, September 10, 2007

SP11 Contest #2

OK, One more thing before the 'big' post. My hostess is having another contest.

The contest:
I want you to post about the worst item you have ever knit/crochet. What was it? Who was it for? What went wrong? Did you give it to the intended recipient, hide it away never again to see the light of day, frog it, or just throw it in the trash? Post a picture of it and you will get your name put in the hat twice.

So, I guess 'worst' is a relative thing. Ugliest? Least like i was intended? Lots of interpretations. I guess I'd have to say my 'worst' is the Tank I made this summer. I had 3 skeins of Cascade Fixation. I actually wanted to make this tube top, but I couldn't figure out the directions, so I decided on this tank, instead. It was supposed to be for me. I really like the color and how it was knitting up, but it has NO shaping whatsoever, so it looks like I have on a stiff tube and it isn't at all flattering. I didn't do anything wrong, per se, it's just the way the pattern is. I changed up the straps to try to make it more interesting, but it just generally doesn't work. I suppose I could have put in some shaping if I had thought of it while I was knitting the body, but it didn't really hit me until I was mostly done. I ended up putting it in a bag of charity donations! Just because I didn't like it doesn't mean someone else won't!

Here is a link to a post with a picture of the final top. . . I'm certainly wasn't going to post a picture of it on me!!

No comments: