Friday, October 19, 2007

Speechless

OK, Remember how I just wrote how great my upcoming week is going to be? Umm, yeah, it just started! My mailman just brought me package #2 from my Secret Pal. I really was speechless when I opened it. The first thing I saw was these beautiful potholders.

This picture really doesn't do them justice, they are divine. My pal said it is a vintage pattern from the 40s that both her mum and grandmother had. I really can't get over them. They are crocheted in two pieces, joined by the starburst and the edging. WOW, right!?!?!?


The potholders are because the overall theme is cooking. The other goodies in the package were a darling cookbook, measuring spoons and a canvas shopping bag that she cross-stitched! Seriously, where do her talents end?!


Then, to round out the package, of course there is yarn! One ball of cotton-ease in (what else!) GREEN and a hank of Finnish lambswool. The wool is so wonderfully soft. . . I think it might have to be turned into gloves or mittens, if I can find another yarn that is worthy of being paired with it.


I'm so grateful for having such an amazing pal! Thank you so much! I can't wait until you're revealed so I can drool over pictures of your knits!

THANK YOU, AGAIN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those potholders are fabulous! What a terrific bunch of goodies. I'm sick of this warm weather here, too. Have fun dancing and golfing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I didn't think they'd arrive so soon :) I'm glad you liked them, although I am so sorry there was only so little yarn and no candy this time. Well, maybe in the last one, then ;)

Have a wonderful weekend! :)

- Your Secret Pal